Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday show and share

This quilt was made June/July school holidays. It is made mostly from hubby's business shirts hacked up into 6" squares. All the fabrics are shirts except the (2) navy fabrics. My eldest son actually sewed some of the rows which makes it even more special.  'Upcycling', I love it.

I had the great privilege of going to the"Valentino Retrospective' last night with some friends. I now understand why  people are making 2-3 visits, I woke up this morning thinking I need to go back by myself and really take my time and read and watch all the displays.

I was totally 'gobsmacked' looking at frocks owned by Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Onassis etc. The pink dress above was amazing, we all wanted to touch it so much!!! I am no fashionista but I loved this beautiful display of frocks. Pure art, history and beauty. Go see it if you can!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous quilt! Excellent upcycling for sure. I'm off to see the Valentino exhibition next week, so pleased to hear such a positive review.
    Nice blog. Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is recovering. What a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

See blogs and businesses for Australia