Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally some sewing

Love everything about the 70's.  I Often wonder who came up with the idea of putting calenders on teatowels???

Made for a friend who has a very anxious(but cute) miniature daschund

Yesterday was cold and wet here in Brisbane. We had a nice day in doing not much. I was desperate to do some sewing so went for a small project. The pattern for these bags can be found at http://modernquiltlove.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/perfect-box-pouch-tutorial/  .

It is a very easy pattern to follow. You can make them any size you want to suit your needs. My material was cut to 10.5 inches x 17.25 inches (this was because I was cutting up vintage tea towels). I also added the handle (sewn in when doing the side seams). The daschund bag was made using a fat quarter.

This size will be great for a toiletrie bag or for carrying a sewing or crocheting project on the go.

I am also liking these for end of year teacher presents. Off to spotlight today to get some more interfacing and zips.

2 comments:

  1. these look great - similar to some I've been making recently but without the boxiness. thanks for the link to the pattern. happy blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

See blogs and businesses for Australia